Friday 10 January 2014

A Charmed Lifestyle

As I stand upon this hill,
Surrounded by degrees.
Three sixty, if you will..
Minus wind, plus some C's.

I see field bins shining bright,
And headers cutting rows.
Dust hovering in mid flight,
Full trucks crawl, oh so slow.

I see sheep beneath the trees.
Their stomachs full, bellies round.
Waiting out the evening breeze, 
'fore they walk that stubble down.

I see birds soaring high,
Swooping down on fact, not hunch.
Nailing unsuspecting mice,
Snatching up their fill of lunch. 

I see clear blue, dots of white,
Golden rays, and hazy waves
Of heat beating down til night.
A cool breeze ends summer days.

I feel pride in this wide view,
My heart filled with joy, I smile.
For I love this, just as you.
The charms of a country lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem Emily. You capture the essence of the rural life so well.
    I really enjoy reading your posts. Always insightful, and honest.

    ReplyDelete