Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Best Laid Plans...

One of the mottos on this farm: only plan for 2/3 of your day. Why, you might ask? Purely because when you live on the land the unexpected always pops up. If you plan your whole day you will undoubtedly end up chasing your tail as you try to fit the unexpected into that plan as well. I have a list like this on the go most of the time. 
As you can see, things get added and removed constantly. With all these jobs laid out today I still ended up behind the eight ball with an impromptu trip to town and finding three heifers in our paddock. (We don't run cattle at all!) They were adorable though...
So after sorting them, I figured my day was almost over and I may as well do something nice to finish off. I love this time of year, lambs are being born, the crops are growing, there's finally a few puddles around! You can't help but smile. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment